LOVATTS MEDIA GROUP PTY LTD
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents who purchase a Lovatts Crossword Magazine during a promotional period. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible.
3. Entries are by posting a completed and original entry coupon found in Lovatts (Magazine & Issue No.). Multiple postal entries from one particular issue may be included in one stamped envelope. Mail entries are to be sent to Lovatts (Magazine & Issue No.), Locked Bag 4001, Terrigal NSW 2260 (for Australian residents) and PO Box 83804, Johnsonville, Wellington 6440 (for New Zealand residents). Eligible participants will be required to provide their full name, address, postcode, telephone number and the correct answer to a puzzle to complete their entry. For entries to be valid, the envelope must clearly indicate the magazine name and issue number. Incomplete or illegible entries will be ineligible.
4. Subscriber Draw closes on the last day of every second month. Winners will be notified by mail and published on www.lovattspuzzles.com
5. Entry is also open, by electronic means, to Australian and New Zealand residents who download a digital version of a Lovatts Puzzle Magazine during that magazine’s promotional period.
6. The Enigma online competition closes on the last day of every month and the winner is advised by email and details posted to www.lovattspuzzles.com.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
8. Promotion commences 01 July 2019. Entries close 9.30 am AEST 30 June 2020.
9. Draws will take place at the offices of the Promoter, 10am on (date). Winners will be contacted by phone and/or email. Winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published in Lovatts (Magazine & Issue No.) on sale (date) – also on the Lovatts website. Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All non winning entries will not be forwarded into proceeding draws. Only valid entries are eligible to win a prize.
11. The prizes to be distributed in each magazine draw consist of: Cash, VISA gift cards, DVD players, beauty products, homewares, cameras, electrical goods, dictionaries, books, stationery and Lovatts merchandise prizes such as umbrellas, travel rugs, tea towels and tote bags.
12. No one individual prize will be valued over $1,000 and the prize pool for this promotion will not exceed $100,000. For each draw prizes are awarded in descending value. The Jackpot competitions run across the Lovatts bi-monthly Handy Range and the Monster Prize Pool runs across Lovatts FindaWord, Cluewords and Code Cracker Starhunts. Prize photos may include items not in the prize pack.
13. Prizes, or any unused portion of the prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless otherwise stipulated. Money prizes awarded in the form of a universal gift card to the winner. Prizes purchased may vary pending product availability.
14. If the winner of the cash prize is under 18 years of age the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
15. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
16. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes.
17. The Promoter may conduct such further draws at the same place as the original draw as are necessary no sooner than 3 months from the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date subject however to any written directions given by the relevant State Government Authorities. All non winning entries will be entered into the unclaimed prize draw. Winners will be contacted by phone and/or email or on the Youplay website.
18. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail.
19. The promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. Entrants personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below.
20. Entry coupons will also include the option for entrants to give their consent to provide their details for the purpose of receiving further communication from the Promoter if so desired.
21. As per the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act, all personal details of New Zealand entrants will be stored at the office of the Promoter. A request to access, update and correct any information should be directed to that office.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrants name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting a competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
24. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of any prize.
26. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
27. Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Promoter is Lovatts Media Group Pty Ltd of 100-102 The Esplanade, Terrigal NSW 2260. ABN. 99 003 314 681.
29. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/19/04364 and ACT: TP 19/03195